If you haven’t, here are some benefits of short term fasting
When most people think of fasting, they think of deprivation and how dangerous “not eating” is for your health. However, most of this thinking has no foundation in science or understanding of how our bodies operate. Short-term fasting (ie. 24 hours) is one of the most POWERFUL tools you have at your disposal and one of the greatest ways of boosting your health and losing weight, safely and effectively.
A vast amount of research has shown that short-term fasting has the following health benefits:
• Decreased body fat & body weight
• Maintenance of skeletal muscle mass
• Decreased blood glucose levels
• Decreased insulin levels & increased insulin sensitivity
• Increased lipolysis & fat oxidation
• Increased Uncoupling Protein 3 mRNA
• Increased norepinephrine & epinephrine levels
• Increased Glucagon levels
• Increased growth hormone levels.
Don’t worry if you don’t completely understand the benefits to which the above list refers. Just understand that fasting is good for you.